Colin Cowherd Ranks the 10 Best NFL Teams After Week 16 – December 24th
10. Seattle Seahawks (11-4): "Sometimes you just get bad breaks in life. This was a running team who just had cluster injuries last weekend at that position and now they're flying Marshawn Lynch into town. They were already too Russell Wilson-dependent, and you can't have injuries at one of the most important units on this team."
9. Buffalo Bills (10-5): "They're good but not special. I think they have to win by out-coaching the other team because they don't have a playmaker at quarterback that a Kansas City or Baltimore has. They're close to being really interesting but right now they're just 'kind of' interesting."
8. Philadelphia Eagles (8-7): “They won at Buffalo which is why I have them ranked ahead of the Bills. They're good situationally but I think they would get blown out by someone like the Saints in the playoffs because they're just not good enough athletically. They have a lot of good qualities I like about them that will win you close games, but I don't think they would be in a close game versus New Orleans or San Francisco."
7. Minnesota Vikings (10-5): "Everything has to go perfect around Kirk Cousins for him to win and that's not how the NFL works. I like their coach and I like their defense but there are some real limitations at quarterback. As the games get more off-script in the playoffs, I don't see Cousins ever becoming comfortable in big games."
6. Green Bay Packers (12-3): "They only have one big offensive threat in Davante Adams, and I think the best coaches will bracket him. Aaron Rodgers hasn't been very good at completing passes thrown further than 15 yards this season and I don't think you can beat people with only one weapon."
5. New England Patriots (12-3): "I love their special teams, defense, head coach, quarterback, and experience, and they're great situationally, but they can only win low scoring games and won't be able to get into firework shows with athletic offenses like Kansas City and Baltimore."
4. San Francisco 49ers (12-3): "Everyone doubts Jimmy Garoppolo but he's completing over 70% of his passes since Week 11. He makes the occasion mistake but he's good when you need him."
3. Kansas City Chiefs (11-4): “I think they're the San Francisco of the AFC and their defense can run hot and cold. They're crazy explosive and I think they can be outplayed and outcoached and STILL win."
2. New Orleans Saints (12-3): “I doubted them all year but they're unbelievably athletic and have the most dominant player in the league on the perimeter. They're very resourceful, very smart, you can't get to their quarterback, they sack yours, and they've only turned the ball over 8 times all year. They give you no openings and just never play poorly."
1. Baltimore Ravens (13-2): "I think they're the Saints but are more explosive over the top and they can get freebie touchdowns with their athleticism."