Original Story from Cleveland 19 News -
Just days away from the NFL Draft and a first round hopeful has been accused of a sexual assault.
Cleveland 19 is not naming the player at this time, despite having a statement from his attorney.
Spellacy (agent) says his client was in Cleveland with a group of friends and had met a 23-year-old woman in Cleveland’s Warehouse District, at the Barley House on April 8. The next morning, April 9, around 3:50 a.m., an off-duty police officer called for police and EMS for an alleged sexual assault victim at the downtown Westin Hotel, according to EMS and police dispatch. Officers and EMS arrived on scene, took statements, and the woman was transported to a local hospital. The player was not there when police arrived.
It's been two weeks since the alleged sex assault took place.
What’s the delay with filing the report? We’ve learned that the player himself will come to Cleveland and provide a statement to police after the NFL Draft, according to Spellacy. So far, Spellacy has provided the Cleveland Police Department with one of three statements from eyewitnesses, which, Spellacy said, show the accusations are unfounded.
This story was brought to the National Sports Talk Radio circuit today by Clay Travis, and he explained the situation in the audio below. Listen right here for full analysis of this crazy story.