Who are the Top 10 WORST starting quarterbacks week one in the NFL? The only rule is that rookie quarterbacks will NOT be included because we don't have a previous body of work to make a good judgment call. Doug Gottlieb who is filling in for Colin Cowherd Breaks it down in the audio below!
10. Dak Prescott - "He's fine. Cowboys were really good his first year but when he was named the starting QB, the whole team changed too... "
9. Marcus Mariota - "In three seasons, his passer rating is 25th in the NFL."
8. Case Keenum - "I think he can play...as a backup. We saw it last year in the NFC championship; there are throws that HE just can't make."
7. Tyrod Taylor - "200 yards a game is not ELITE quarterback stuff. He's somewhere between starter and back-up."
6. Eli Manning - Led the NFL in interceptions three times over. Best way to get yourself beat is to lose the turnover battle. (We're talking regular season 37-year-old, Eli Manning)
5. Blake Bortles - "He's better than he used to be but he's still not good."
4. Ryan Tannehill - Since his rookie year, his passer rating is 31st in the NFL.
3. Ryan Fitzpatrick - A below 60% completion percentage since 2005. Doesn't have much arm and played for several different teams for a reason...but he went to Harvard.
2. Mitch Trubisky - He passed for 182.8 yards per game last season. That's the second fewest in the NFL. (we don't have a ton of data)
1. Nick Foles - Some of it's based upon expectation, but he does NOT look good.